PS's Marathon Blog

Saturday, July 09, 2005

first post

Running is an amazing thing. Its my newfound passion. I've been training for a Marathon I'm going to run this November which is 26.2 miles long. Yes its not a typo, its 26.2 miles alright. Those of you who know me well must be thinking I've gone bonkers. The lazy me .. running 26.2 miles?! Well .. all I can say is, running is a most amazing thing. Something I cannot describe, but its just a lot of fun. I can now understand what Forrest Gump went through when he ran in that movie :)

The path ahead is pretty arduous, theres 5 months of training under a professional coach, which just started 2 weeks back. The training consists of a schedule every week with Sunday being a team run.
This run is part of Asha CNJ team, where each runner raises funds for a minimum of 1300 $s by running in the marathon. So its a huge fund-raiser for Asha. To think that my running is going to help in the basic education of an underprivileged kid in India makes it all the more special.

The below statistic is just for me to keep track of the miles I have run till now:
Thursday 23 June - 4 laps (Univ Park)
Sunday 26 June - 5 miles (Johnsons Park)
Tuesday 28 June - 5 laps (Univ Park)
Thursday 30 June - 5 laps race (with Kane, which I lost!)
Saturday 2 July - trek uphill 1 mile and downhill 1 mile
Sunday 3 July - trek uphill 4.2 miles and downhill 4.2 miles
Tuesday 5 July - 2 miles (Cook-Douglass)
Wednesday 6 July - 6 laps (Univ Park)

I shall update this weekly for myself to keep track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home